Monday, January 7, 2013

Dirty Girl Mud Run - The Dunamis Divas

The day was fast approaching for the Dirty Girl Mud Run last September after we had trained all summer.  I can't tell you how much it motivated us to have this race on the calendar way in advance and to just simply have a goal.  The Dirty Girl Mud Run is a 5k mud run/obstacle course.  This mud run is not timed, which certainly decreased the pressure.  The three of us were anxious, excited and maybe a little nervous.  Before race day Amy came up with our team name (which we will continue to use for future events).  Our team name is "The Dunamis Divas."


Dunamis is the greek word for "power."  Romans 1:16 says, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power (Dunamis) of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes..."  What a great verse to help inspire us for this race and races to come and to be reminded of the race we all endure each and every day!

We decided to have temporary tattoos made with our team name for us to wear, as well as our precious kiddos!


   Here's a picture of the kiddos there to support their mom's.


This was so fun to do as a family.  Having family there to support us (and take pictures) was so wonderful and a day we will never forget!  Here's a picture of my dear husband and our kiddos.


This one photo captured such a special moment for me on this day.  I love this little dude!

Well enough being cute, now it's time to get dirty!  Those that know me well know how much I enjoy playing in the mud, although I must say the water/mud was a little chilly on this September day.  Here we are getting warmed up at the starting line and practicing the signal for needing medical attention!

Here we are on our first obstacle!  It made us feel like kids again bouncing down.

Our kids and men were waiting for us towards the end of the race and captured some fun photos of us as we finished!




Look at these shoes!
I will forever love these Dunamis Divas as we have such a special bond that I will hold close to my heart as we began this journey together!

There's nothing more valued than accountability, encouragement and friendship among Sisters in Christ!  Love you girls and I can't wait to do another run with you!


If you've never done a fun run like this, I highly recommend you find a group of friends and put it on the calendar!  
You'll be glad you did!!!

Blessings,

Krystal 

1 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post! I enjoyed going down memory lane again! That one would be fun to do again! And I look forward to the next event for the Dunamis Divas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...